UCLA is pleased to announce that it has partnered with Morneau Shepell, leaders in remote and international counseling support, to bring back much needed support to our international students via My Student Support Program (My SSP)! Available to international students, My SSP provides 24/7 remote emotional health and wellbeing support via the use of technology. Students are able to access self-directed digital content in addition to connecting with clinical professionals who are experienced in helping students cope with the unique challenges they face – from wherever they are located in the world. This program is offered at no cost to the student and aims to support the wellbeing and retention of international students studying at UCLA by complementing already existing university resources.
Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere. My SSP connects students with free, confidential emotional health and wellbeing support conveniently available
24/7 via the app, telephone and web.
WHAT DOES MY SSP OFFER?
- Real-time chat support 24/7
- Chat with an experienced counselor at their convenience
- Telephone support 24/7
- Speak to an experienced counselor with a simple phone call
- Support from a dedicated counselor for short-term sessions
- Connect with the same counselor over multiple sessions via telephone or video appointments
- Preferred language support
My SSP content and support are available 24/7 in Mandarin, Cantonese (simplified Chinese text), Spanish, French, and English. For other language preferences, a student may request to be set up with a counselor who speaks that language (by appointment, depending on availability).
- Health assessments
- Complete an anonymous assessment to get feedback on their emotional health
- Health & wellbeing content
- Access articles, podcasts, infographics, and videos addressing a wide variety of wellbeing topics on the My SSP app and website
- Access virtual fitness sessions
Sign up for FREE virtual fitness sessions available through LIFT
Student use of My SSP – including chats, calls, and conversations, is free and confidential.
Want to learn more?
- View a demo video
- Visit the My SSP website
- Download the My SSP app from App Store or Google Play
- Explore the My SSP app and website to familiarize yourself with the content offered
- Keep the attached reference guide handy