Application to the VIRTUAL 2021 UCLA Pre-medical Enrichment Program is now open!
Link to Apply: https://tinyurl.com/prep2021app
UCLA PREP is a unique non-residential program designed to provide premedical students from disadvantaged backgrounds with the means to strengthening their ability and readiness to study medicine. Full participation in the UCLA PREP program allows participants to enhance their chances of being accepted to medical school and succeeding once there.
Important Dates for PREP 2021:
December 18th, 2020 – Online Application Opens
February 11th, 2021 – Round 1 Application Deadline
April 8th, 2021– Round 2 and Final Application Deadline
June 15th, 2021 – PREP Program Begins
July 9th, 2021 – PREP Program Ends
Students are eligible for UCLA PREP if they have not previously applied to medical school. Community college students, non-California residents, and post-baccalaureate students are eligible to apply. Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must come from an educationally or economically disadvantaged background.
- Applicants must be a U.S citizen, hold a permanent residency, or documentation of approved eligibility for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) in the State of California
- Minimum 2.8 Cumulative GPA
- Applicants should have not taken the MCAT before June 15, 2021
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one from a science professor and one from a counselor/premedical advisor or employer/internship recommending participation in the PREP program.
- Demonstrated interest in addressing issues affecting underserved populations in healthcare.
- Compelling personal statement
FOR MORE PROGRAM INFORMATION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT: https://medschool.ucla.edu/apply/prep