Change of Major, Minor, and Specialization
Undergraduate Program Change Petition (Use this form to petition for a change of major, minor, or College or school. Changes to or from multiple majors require College/school and department approval. College/school changes require College/school approval. Changes to an undergraduate program are normally not permitted if the student is on probation or has begun the last term.)
Data Theory Petition
A new protocol has recently been added to the petitions process for Data Theory. The Statistics Department now wants incoming Data Theory students to submit a tentative course plan when entering the major. Please fill out this Degree Plan Contract with the current term and your tentative course plan for the rest of your time at UCLA – https://caac.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DegreePlanner.pdf.
Things to note:
- Statistics courses are offered in very specific quarters, so you can use this roadmap to know when the Stats Department suggests you should take each statistics class: http://statistics.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Course-Roadmap-v.2022002.pdf.
- For the capstone course, Stats/Math M148 will only be offered in winter quarters.
- Math 118 is offered in the Fall and Winter.
- Math 156 and 131A are typically offered each quarter.
- Stats 147 and 184 are only offered in the winter and are worth 2 units.
- For the 4 electives, you can put “Math/Stats UD” in any of the quarters that you have space in.
Double Major Petition Process
Please read through the double major petition process under the College of Letters & Science here.
Math/PIC Course Petitions
- Course Equivalency Petition (Use this form to petition courses you believe are equivalent to our mathematics and/or computing courses. The courses can be petitioned from other community colleges, universities, under a UCLA department or specialty College (i.e. Engineering). Make sure to include as much information as possible: course description, course syllabus, and course textbook.