The UCLA Center for Health Policy Research (the Center) has an employment opportunity for a Programmer/ Analyst I with in-depth knowledge in Python programming in team project environment.
The Programmer/Analyst I will work under the Principal Investigator to continue the development of CalSIM software for simulating California health insurance market. The incumbent is required to have in-depth knowledge in Python programming in team project environment. The incumbent will develop new modules to add new functionalities corresponding to different policy scenarios and to improve the existing modules in Python for both better computational performance and reproducibility.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or four year experience and expertise in application software programming, including design, development, testing and debugging required.
- General knowledge of microsimulation.
- Detailed knowledge of Python in Windows and/or Linux/Unix environment.
- Scientific/Numerical programming, such as experience in using Numpy and Pandas packages in Python and/or experience with Matlab or equivalent experience.
- Detailed knowledge in version control (GIT) for managing and sharing team project.
- Knowledge in scripting for running applications at command line.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills is required to work with other team members, including statisticians and policy analysts, on site and off site.
- The ability to response promptly to fulfill multiple tasks and requests from various sources.
- Experience with optimization techniques, including parallel programming.
- C/C++ or Fortran in Windows and Linux environments.
- Awk/PERL scripting with regular expressions for processing text files.
- SQL and data management experience for data management.
- R or SAS programming language experience for data management.
- Experience in writing unit test code using Python module unit test.
Full-time, Contract position. Salary: $21.75 – $34.62 per hour. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent
benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply: https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu search for Requisition #32409.Direct Link: How to Apply: https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu search for Requisition #32409.