2022 American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting | Group on Data Science (GDS) | APS GDS Course page
This short course will cover the current state-of-the-art approaches for tensor-based linear modeling and space-kime analytics. Instructors will present a generalized framework for modeling and prediction of scalar, matrix, or tensor outcomes from observed tensor inputs. Additional demonstrations will include complex-time (kime) representation of longitudinal data, where the temporal event order is generalized to the (unordered) complex plane. This generalization transformed classical time-series to 2D kime-surfaces. Various biomedical and health applications will be showcased.
- Short-Course Title: Longitudinal Data Tensor-Linear Modeling and Space-kime Analytics
- Event Date/Time: March 13, 2022, 9:00 – 17:00 (US Central Time)
- Format: Online (distance-based, virtual). Instruction will involve a blend of theoretical foundations, computational implementations, and data-driven applications
- Audience: Prerequisites: prior knowledge of college level math, physics, and statistics
- Registration: preregistration is required for participation (space is capped to 30)
- Registration Fees: Students $80,post−docs/fellows $120, regular $150
- Need-based Fee Waivers: APS Data Science Group (GDS) will select and cover the registration fee for up to 5 students and trainees. Interested trainees need to complete this additional fee-waiver request form justifying their need for a waiver. There are no guarantees for waivers, but the organizers are committed to increase trainee participation from traditionally STEM-underrepresented communities.
- Short URL: https://myumi.ch/G1411.
- Joining the Event on March 13: To join, log in the meeting site and click on My Registrations link in the left menu list. There, you should see Zoom Registration Link 1 (these links will not be live until the date of the event (March 13).