TITLE: Gallery Ambassador
DEPARTMENT: Gallery Operations
SALARY: $15.50 hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The Gallery Ambassador position combines the responsibilities of art protection with museum information and art appreciation. The primary responsibility of a Gallery Ambassador is the safety of the artwork and enforcement of museum policies. A Gallery Ambassador is responsible for monitoring the gallery spaces and protecting the art while engaging with the public to answer questions and provide information about the exhibits and the Hammer. A Gallery Ambassador also provides exceptional customer service by greeting visitors as they enter the galleries and ensuring that all guests have proper access.
DAYS/HOURS: Approximately 15-18 hrs/week, or as needed for operations. Must be able to commit to a set schedule each quarter.
· Registered UCLA Undergraduate
· Experience/interest in working in a dynamic environment with both fast-paced and slower settings
· Customer service experience
· Ability to work a variable schedule per week; must have availability for at least one 10:30 a.m.-6:15p.m. shift Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, as well as one other shift Friday, Saturday, or Sunday
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to wear a mask for long periods of time
· Solid interpersonal and communication skills
· Friendly and outgoing, able to conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner in a variety of situations
· Ability to assert oneself when needed in order to enforce policies and protect artwork
· Ability to use good judgment and to respond to visitor feedback and inquiries
· Experience with, knowledge of, appreciation for, or interest in visual art, especially contemporary
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and work availability to resumes[at]hammer.ucla.edu, with “Gallery Ambassador” in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.