Undergraduate Research Center- i2URP Applications
The Undergraduate Research Center – Sciences will be accepting applications for the 2020-2022 Integrated and Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Research Program (i2URP) from September 28 – October 15, 2020. Students in i2URP work closely with program faculty during weekly Journal Club and Research Presentation meetings, which explore a range of biomedical research topics and the cohort’s independent research projects. The goal of the program is to develop students’ science communication and research skills in preparation of graduate studies and careers in biomedical research.
Eligibility requirements include:
- 3.5 GPA minimum
- Must have a research project with a UCLA faculty
- Expected graduation date of Spring 2022 or later
- Interested in pursuing graduate studies and careers in biomedical research
Major program requirements include:
- Attend weekly Journal Club and Research Presentation meetings (Fridays, 4:00-6:30 pm) from late fall to spring. Students will formally enroll in Neurobio M171 to receive course credit for these meetings during Winter and Spring 2021 and 2022
- Meet quarterly with the Administrative Director
- Present at Research Poster Day/ Undergraduate Research Week in Spring 2021 and 2022
Application information can be found here. A PDF flyer can be downloaded here.
Please contact Alec Hernandez, i2URP Program Representative, at i2URP@college.ucla.edu if you have any questions.