math course request Form
Welcome to the UCLA Math Department’s Fall 2023 Math Course Request Form!
This is the only Math Course Request Form for upper division math courses.
Submitting Your Request:
- Submitting a request to be added onto the Math Course Request does not guarantee enrollment.
- A general updated status of the Math Course Request will be posted once each business day here (same link is used each quarter).
- Only one submission per lecture is allowed. Once you do this, you remain on the list for that course. Multiple submissions will not increase your likelihood of enrollment.
- When a spot is granted, you will automatically be enrolled and notified via the e-mail address you provided.
- If a problem arises while we attempt to enroll you in a class (you already enrolled in the same class but different lecture, over unit max, holds on your record), you will be e-mailed to fix the problem and given 24 hours to respond. If no response is received, we will move on to the next person on the waiting list.
- Please make sure you have enough units available in your study list for us to fulfill your request. We can not override the unit maximum limits.
- Regardless of when you submitted your request, your place on the waitlist will be determined by a number of factors, including class standing, major, term of graduation, etc.
- We will not over-enroll a class if there are other open lectures of the same class.
- In case you are granted enrollment into the course, you should attend class so that you are up to date with the course material. Additionally, instructors are usually more willing to expand their courses for students who have been attending class.
- It is your responsibility to let the instructor know that you are not officially enrolled in the class and are waiting for a spot.
- Professors have the right to not allow students attend their class if they are not officially enrolled.
If you want to cancel your request, please let us know by contacting ugrad[at]math.ucla.edu with your name, student ID number, and the course you would like to cancel your request for.
For any questions, please contact the office via ugrad[at]math.ucla.edu.